Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Requiescat in pace - May he rest in peace ...



Father Robert Stanion, CFR, passed away on Monday, March 23, 2009, in Las Vegas, Nevada. He was one of our founders and had been stationed at San Juan Diego Friary in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Fr. Robert was born on April 1, 1947 in Boston, MA. He entered the Capuchins on March 18, 1966 and made his final profession on May 8, 1972. He was ordained to the priesthood on May 16, 1992. He was an expert on rocks, precious stones, herbs, flowers, cooking, saints, eastern Christianity and many other things. His holiness and Franciscan joy will always be remembered by those who knew him.

We thank you for your prayers for our dear Fr. Robert, and we ask you to continue praying for his family and the entire CFR community.

-From the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal

2 comments:

  1. I was a beneficiery of "Father-Brother" Robert's joyful, humble, thoroughly genuine hospitality in the kitchens of Padre Pio Shelter and trinity Retreat on many an occasion. Oh, my nerves!

    I have been praying for the repose of his soul ever since I was notified of his call to judgment. I will continue to do so and, when - please God - he arrives "in that place of refreshment, light and peace... where all the just repose" I hope and pray he will remmber me... Not because I deserve his help by any means, but because I need it.

    Mark
    Elizaville, NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew Fr. Robert when he was Bro. Bob OFM, CAP. I met him when I was about 14-15 years old in Brooklyn. He saved my life and set me on a path that changed my life! He was my good friend and an elder brother to a lost teen!

    I will miss him - but I know he is laughing at me and saying "I beat you here!"

    I priase God for the oppertunity to have known this man!

    ReplyDelete